The College of Saint Elizabeth's integrative and interdisciplinary M.A. in Social Media Design and Management is open to all qualified students who have a bachelor's degree in almost any discipline. Students in this program will:
- Learn about the history and development of social media;
- Acquire skills to create innovative branding and graphic designs for e-markets;
- Write business-savvy text;
- Understand key communication theories and principles; and
- Gain the ability to market and manage social media sites for private, public and governmental employers, as well as private individuals who demand a creative web presence.
This M.A. teaches multi-disciplinary skills while keeping students abreast of changing developments, markets and sites crucial for job readiness. The 31-34 credit degree includes day, night and online classes during the full-time, two-year course of study.
A design portfolio and a review of undergraduate courses could result in the acceptance of up to 12 credits towards the degree.
- Completed application;
- Personal statement citing interest and evidence as to why you should be admitted to the program, including why you are interested in this multi-disciplinary field, why you chose the College of Saint Elizabeth, as well as how you plan to complete the degree in the recommended time frame;
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from a previous professor);
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) colleges/universities attended;
- An undergraduate GPA of not less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students who have background and potential for success but whose GPA is less than 3.0 may be admitted on a provisional basis;
- Satisfactory writing and computer literacy.
For International Students:
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions. International transcripts must be evaluated by NACES (i.e. WES) on a course by course basis;
- TOEFL/IELTS (if necessary).
Upon completion of the M.A. program in Social Media Design & Management, candidates will be able to:
- Identify, understand, and utilize the power of social media platforms for responsible endeavors;
- Create well-conceived, designed, and written material for various sites and platforms and for diverse audiences;
- Know communication and advertising strategies for local and global markets at various business levels;
- Evaluate the latest marketing and data tracking strategies to help enhance, manage and market the businesses and cultivate influencers;
- Identify, embrace, adapt and utilize changing trends, techniques and strategies of evolving social media.
Cet établissement propose des programmes en :
Mis à jour le January 2, 2018